Director, IoT Engineering, Global Engineering Development – Tokyo
Tokyo Head Quarter
- Responsibility Level
IOT development professionals designing and launching IOT solutions for all Johnson controls Hitachi Products.
The development teams are located in USA, India, Japan and China. About 50 Johnson controls Engineers and 5 third party vendors are currently involved in the development and maintenance of IOT solutions and the cloud infrastructure. An annual budget of ~6 M $ needs to be managed.
- Principl Duties
The IOT Engineering Director is accountable for:
- Defining and managing the Cloud infrastructure & architecture to ensure that the customers have a delightful experience, minimizing downtime, ensuring the highest security and minimizing the cost of providing the cloud infrastructure.
- Defining the IOT roadmap with the Product management team and implementing it an efficient manner that provides meaningful step ups in the applications, creating value for the JCH business and keeping the IOT products competitive.
- Lead the development of the IOT solutions with the Product management, UX/UI, Mobile / desktop application, software, gateway and firmware development teams ensuring the products are launched on time and within allocated budgets.
- Maintaining the launched applications, ensuring that they continue to be relevant to the customers, are compatible with the changes to the mobile and desktop operating systems and cloud infrastructure.
- Defining and improving the IOT development process to drive efficiency in development while delivering the highest quality and customer satisfaction.
- Manage the budgets and resources that are allocated.
- Build JCH’s competency in delivering IOT solutions with an ecosystem consisting of internal and external resources.
About 15 years of experience of which
- 5 years should be in architecting and delivering IOT solutions in the global market.
- 5 years in managing multicultural and multi-disciplined teams.
- Strong skills in IOT / Cloud Architecture definition, IT Security, Application development.
- Proficient in Project management ensuring projects are delivered on time and within cost.
- Good people leadership skills and ability to lead cross functional, locational and cultural teams.
- Strong communication skills to articulate views/thoughts with internal resources, partners or customers.
- Ability to interface with global stakeholders, technology partners and customers.
- Ability to create and maintain productive relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Technical acumen in order to gain credibility amongst key stakeholders.
- Thought-leadership on engineering and architectural practices and standards to ensure architectural integrity is maintained across products by adhering to best practices.
- Bachelor of Engineering / Technology in Electrical Engineering or Computer science or Information Technology. Master’s Degree is preferred.