Senior Manager, Legal – Tokyo / Singapore
Tokyo Head Quarter / Singapore
- Responsibility Level
Senior Manager, Legal
- Principl Duties
Projects & Contract Work (80%)
- Independently prepare, review and revise commercial contracts such as distribution agreement, sales facilitator agreement, vendor agreements, etc.
- Prepare documentation in various M&A projects of JCH such as shareholders agreements, purchase and sale agreements, master transaction agreements, etc. Able to quickly turn around documents in urgent timeline and with excellent qualities.
- Jurisdictions include US, SEA, Japan, Middle East, EU and Brazil.
Corporate Governance Work (20%)
- Manage corporate governance work for JCH global entities (supervising paralegal in ensuring entities compliance); draft corporate documents such as amendments to JVC and AOA
- Able to review corporate governance documents to identify correct issues and solutions and form legal advice
- Able to handle complicated corporate restructuring transactions.
- English must be fluent (close to native) in both oral and legal drafting. Able to draft contracts, high-impact emails, corporate notices and legal presentation materials in English with minimum supervision
- Fluent Japanese or Chinese (possessing the ability to draft Japanese or Chinese (as applicable) contracts and conduct business-level negotiation in the applicable language) is a plus but not required if item 1 is met.
- Be a licensed attorney in at least one of the following jurisdictions: Common law countries (US, UK, Canada), China, Taiwan, HK or Japan
- Have at least 4 years law firm experience in contract drafting and corporate governance
- Person with high integrity and honesty
- Team player
- Understand relationship between things and people