Director, Japan HQ & SEA HR, Total Rewards & Mobility
Tokyo Head Quarter
- Responsibility Level
The key objective of this role is to drive HR initiatives and provide support to the corporate functions in the Japan Headquarters and South East Asia regions by aligning business objectives with human capital strategies for senior leadership and ensures that the business is receiving appropriate support from all areas of the HR function. A person will be responsible to lead HR Manager who is accountable for every aspect of the HR function in Japan Headquarters, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, and Hong Kong.
The incumbent will also be responsible and leads the strategic human resource planning and development of Total Reward and Global Mobility area and formulates partnerships with JCI Total Reward and Global Mobility and across the HR function to deliver and implement value-added services to management and employees that reflects the business objectives and high-performance culture of the organization
- Principl Duties
< Japan HQ & SEA HR>
- Drives the implementation, communication, and execution of multi-discipline HR policies, procedures, processes, and initiatives
- Ensures HR readiness for the launch of key business strategic objectives, developments, and/or organizational change
- Develop resources planning in alignment with business needs and ensures staffing efficiency
- Execute Talent development plans to identify, attract, retain and develop employees
- Counsels management regarding Salary Planning/Compensation, equity issues, promotions, job reclassifications etc.
- Provide active dialog, coaching, feedback, and present solutions to the business leaders on business issues such as performance, organizational structure, effective team building and leadership, training and development, succession planning, and change management.
- Advise management and respond to issues of local compliance, employment law, employee and labor relations, and other requirements as they pertain to the human resources function.
- Manage relevant communications around changes to employees at all levels.
- Takes initiatives that promote positive employee engagement
- Prepares and submits necessary HR reports and metrics as requested and helps to drive and ensures data integrity of HR systems and tools
- Liaises with functional or operational area managers to ensure that office administration policies, programs, and activities are appropriate for their current and future business needs
- Strives for continuous improvement through implementing local process enhancements & sharing best practices
- Owns HR operational excellence when translating business strategies & decisions into effective policies and execution of all related HR policies and processes
<Total Rewards and Mobility>
- Leads the delivery of Compensation projects and programs in JCH Global aligning with both JCI global strategies and local registrations.
- Oversees the development, maintenance, and communication of JCH incentive programs globally
- Manages the benefits programs and policies, and procedures globally
- Standardizes and manages the mobility policy, program, and process through JCH Global
- Negotiate with Labor union for policy change
- Coordinates compensation processes like salary planning, bonus planning, and incentive schemes development
- Liaises with country managers to ensure implementation of policies, programs, and activities for Total Rewards and Mobility
- Manages, leads, and develops the Total Rewards and Mobility team
- Develops the successor (the high potential Total Rewards Specialist)
- Builds and maintain a positive and influencing relationship with the executive management
- Leads different HR Projects (not just projects from the compensation and benefits area)
- Approves exceptions in the compensation of the individual employees
- Trains HR Business Partners and line managers in the compensation area
- Ensures full legal compliance (e.g. labor & tax laws, etc.)
- Attend the JCI group pension committee in Japan as a member to discuss and vote for the pension issue
- Bachelor degree or above in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field or equivalent experience
- Global and Japan business experience
- Manufacturing industry experience preferred
- Good knowledge of Labour law & its related statutory regulations and strong operational HR experience
- Minimum of 10 years experience in combination of HR function or any related experience, 5 years’ in C&B functions, 5 years in HR management level
- Strong analytical thinking & communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the proven ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Networking and Influencing skills
- Quick learning agility
- Good computer skills (MS Office, HR-related system like Workday)
- Fluent in spoken, written Japanese and English