Senior Manager, Material Expert- Plastics, PFD
Tokyo Head Quarter
- Responsibility Level
Provide leadership for materials technology at our company for Steel, Aluminum, Copper and Plastics. Create and implement materials strategies that improve our competitiveness by having materials with improved performance at lower overall costs. Provide expertise at the material science level so decisions are made based on scientific knowledge about the materials we use.
- Principl Duties
- Strategy and Planning – Create Strategies that improve the competitiveness of our products by having better color / finishing /materials, strength, and corrosion performance at lower costs with our preferred suppliers.
- Partner with Procurement and manufacturing to create and implement complexity and cost improvement opportunities and implement the opportunities through projects that create value for our company.
- Support the integration of new materials into designs and support the introduction at the factories so manufacturing process issues are resolved in time.
- Develop and maintain material standards for our company, including evaluation methods and approval criteria for the required applications.
- Be the provider of knowledge at the material science level – especially for metals and resins.
- Develop and implement a strategy to build a capability (People & laboratories) for a our materials technology team.
EDUCATION – MINIMUN REQUIRED LEVEL:
- Bachelor / master’s degree in Materials science/technology
EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED:
- 15 + years’ experience in an industry which used metals / resins in their manufacturing processes.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS – REQUIRED:
- Deep knowledge of materials science in the Metals area – Steel / Copper / Aluminum / coatings and in the fabrication, processes using sheet metal, copper tubes & aluminum sheets.
- Deep knowledge of materials science in plastics and Molding.
- Experienced in working in a high-volume manufacturing environment with metal fabrication / injection molding processes.
- Cross functional collaboration skills.
- Ability to communicate within and outside of Japan, including India, China, Taiwan, Malaysia, and Spain.
- Influencing skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix organization.
- Enough knowledge and experience in cost reduction activity.
Strong leadership and capability in analyzing material properties when needed such as new material adaptation, benchmark analysis, quality issues solving, etc.