Chief Engineer, Software Architect
Tokyo Head Quarter
- Principl Duties
- Driving definition and unification of control software architecture for air conditioning, refrigeration, and chiller equipment and their controllers.
- Establish the maintenance and operation rules for the above architecture.
- Driving MBD initiative and clarify the relationship with new architecture.
- Driving MBD alignment between related departments.
- Driving process and design standardization for MBD and new architecture.
- Create a roadmap application plan of the new architecture in cooperation with Product management team.
- Has experience in embedded software and control systems development
- Has experience in software architecture design and communalization.
- Experience in model-based development using MATLAB/Simulink.
- 5+ years should be in collaborating multicultural and multi-disciplined teams.
- Have abundant knowledge in the following fields related to software development.
- Model based development
- Software architecture
- Refactoring and platforming, communalization
- The following knowledge related to engineering work is a plus
- Knowledgeable of software development lifecycle, project implementation methodologies such as DevOps / Agile etc.
- Knowledge in thermodynamics, energy and HVAC system.
- has basic commercial/financial understanding.
- Ability to carry out tasks
- Be able to learn new technologies, techniques, processes, languages, platforms, and systems proactively.
- Has strong result-oriented mindset and can carry out tasks with focusing on deliverables any time.
- Be able to analyze facts objectively and derive measures logically.
- Has abilities to apply principles, theories, and concepts to practical applications.
- Presentation and communication skills
- has good presentation skills including creating an understandable and structured slide materials.
- has good written and verbal communication skill both in English and Japanese.
- Management skills
- has good communication skills and be able to establish good relationship with stakeholders.
- Be able to apply leadership instruments and have experience leading an interdisciplinary and intercultural project team. Or have the intention to be involved in the future.
- Can enjoy mentoring, training, and coaching other members of the team
- Master’s degree, bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the field of electricity, electronics, or information, and at least 10 years of practical experience in embedded software development.