Manager / Senior Manager, ERP Data Lead – IT – Tokyo – Japan – JCH
Tokyo Head Quarter
- Responsibility Level
Lead member of the team responsible for assuring the quality of data assets maintained in SAP and associated applications. Supports global Master Data Management (MDM) team by analyzing requests for new material masters records and for maintaining key, global data elements according to establish standards. Leads Data Migration activities as part of overall deployment team. Reviews requests for changes to key global parameters, makes recommendations on specific changes, and educates plant and engineering teams on standards. Drives data cleansing efforts across manufacturing sites.
- Principl Duties
- Works with other teams to plan, organize, design and implement data migrations from the legacy ERP system into the new ERP system.
- Work with other teams to plan, organize, design and implement data migrations from the new ERP system into data warehouse or data lake systems.
- Meet with Subject Matter Experts (SME) and other users to understand the required data for reporting requirements.
- Gather and store data in relational data-models from various data sources.
- urate the data from different sources to make it usable.
- Help define and maintains data lineage
- Define data conversion routines needed to meet reporting requirements
- Reviews requests for new material master records
- Review requests for changes to the values of critical, global material master data fields and responds according to agreed service levels.
- Ensures material masters records conform to standards for critical, global business parameters.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions to requests and challenges from plant, engineering, and procurement teams regarding the design and configuration of key material master fields.
- Analyze existing data records, summarize quality, and recommend solutions for compliance to standards and improved quality.
- Coordinates and drives data cleansing efforts across manufacturing plant and engineering teams.
- Communicates standards to stakeholders including plant, procurement, and engineering teams.
- Travels 15% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in Engineering) with 3 to 5 years’ experience in an engineering or manufacturing area with material management and/or engineering experience.
- Normal mechanical and analytical ability is a must.
- Must have aptitude for understanding part specifications, data mining, and projecting data design implications onto varied business processes.
- In the absence of a 4-year degree in an appropriate field of study, this position requires an additional 5 years of related experience.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Applications (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) as well as Internet software and E-mail is required.
- Fluent in Japanese and English.