Project Manager, Japan PMO, Global Project Management – GPD – Tokyo – Japan – JCH
Tokyo Head Quarter
- Work collaboratively with Product Management team and participate in drawing up business plans.
- Lead introduction of Product Development Process (PDP) for product development.
- Lead project(s) and handle comprehensive product development management (Development schedule, Production readiness, Sales readiness, Management of revenue, Product cost, Project budget and Financial metrics, security of 100% quality for customers) and bring the efforts to the product launch.
- Monitor project(s) on a constant basis, articulate problems and continuously improve them.
- Project accountability with transparency
- Work collaboratively with Product Management team and draw up business plans involving global needs.
- Lead project(s) (grasping the situation and mapping out plans) necessary for product development based upon the business plans.
- Provide necessary internal trainings or coaching for introducing project management methods, tools and KPIs.
- Introduce product development process management in collaboration with other departments.
- Make sure of progress of the project(s) and evaluate it with KPI on a constant basis and give feedbacks to relevant people.
- Hold review meetings for your project(s) periodically and report to relevant executives.
- Share best practices in the projects with companies involved and business units for betterment.
- Deep understanding and passion for product development operations of the company and its parent company, Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Ability to structure work, manage projects, ideate and run processes/tools
- Strong leadership, logical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to engage across the company functions, regions, and organization
- Strong analytical skills, particularly but not limited to financial literacy
- Strong written communication skills – ability to synthesize and communicate executive level messages
- Strong oral communication skills – ability to engage senior leadership and working level leaders
- Strong executive presence with ability to listen, collaborate, influence leaders across organization
- Team player and relationship builder
- Financial & Controlling skills
- Fluent in English
- High cross-cultural awareness
- Commitment to excellence
- 5+ years of cumulative experience relative to engineering and product development project management in automotive, industrial goods, or consumer durables manufacturing
- Operational track record of product development project management excellence especially including management of multi-location, multi-cultural project management teams
- Demonstrated experience and success developing project management skills and disciplines with relatively inexperienced team members and organizations
- Expert with respect with project management approaches, processes and tools
- Do not mind travelling to both domestic and overseas business sites
- Bachelor’s degree