Buyer, Indirect Procurement, GIDM
Tokyo Head Quarter
- Responsible for JCH global Logistics sourcing including but not limited to freight
- Responsible for the management of logistics supplier portfolio, logistics vendor assessment including performance & qualification
- Responsible for logistics contract lifecycle management including the negotiation for term & condition
- Responsible for effectively performing Logistics Procurement in global for all JCH Business Units.
- Use and participate with centralized JCI global document storage systems.
- Keep management chain informed of developing situations and project status on a regular, professional basis.
- Calculate and track saving results as measured by the corporation and identify situations where costs have been avoided due to direct intervention.
- Responsible to execute Purchasing functions in compliance with global and regional policies, including preparation and reviewing of legal agreements.
- Build working practices with local procurement organizations to establish proper methods and control over the issuing of Logistics Procurement Purchase Orders for each Business Unit.
- Conduct vendor management including vendor profile management, vendor qualification assessment and vendor performance assessment with the cooperation from Manufacturing & Sales.
- Contract Life Management including contract negotiation and contract due date management and contract renewal management.
- Collect monthly and yearly logistics spending report and analysis the report to get oversight of logistics vendor portfolio.
- Bachelor’s level degree in logistics or a related field (with a major in the logistics area). MBA desired.
- A minimum of 3 years of related logistics Procurement work experience, with strong demonstrated experience in purchasing freight, warehouse etc.
- Must have experience working in logistics projects, preferably as a Project Manager.
- Must have experience working in major Corporations with international/global operations.
- Broad experience in developing supplier relationships to better serve the company.
- Must have extensive exposure to Global Logistics sourcing activities, with deep knowledge of the global market.
- Agile and capable negotiator.
- Proven quality focus in providing internal customer solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a team environment and to evolve efficiently to complete.
- Ability to speak multiple languages: including Japanese and English must; Mandarin desired.
- Previous experience in aligning logistics Purchasing activities, global standards, and local characteristics.
- Logistics background